Those of you who couldn’t make it, I thought you might be interested in some of things we talked about during the Bloggiesta Twitter chats:
What we helped each other with:
- G+: good or bad
- Picmonkey for doing graphics and headers and collages
- Best Book Blogger widget, for WordPress I think
- Facebook: should you or shouldn’t you for your blog?
- Business cards: what to include
- How to chose which bloggers to follow
- Feedly vs. Bloglovin’
- NetGalley vs. Edelweiss
- WordPress vs. Blogger
- Are About Me pages necessary?
- What’s best: getting comments on your blog, or getting responses from your comments on someone else’s blog?
- Twitter platforms
- How to organize review archives
- Favorite bookish website
- Upcoming book blogging events
What we want to see more of and need help with NEXT time:
- How to be a better writer
- How to brainstorm for post ideas
- Adding disclaimers to review posts
- Learn how to guest post
- Learn about keywords and SEO
- Learn basic code
- Changing categories in WP
- We need a standard To Do list!
- Social estate planning for our blogs
- Understanding stats
- How to better use social media
- How to host a giveaway
- Reviews: what it needs vs what people want
Things that would be cool:
- subscribe by email to the Bloggiesta blog
- actual lists of past challenges on the website
- mini Twitter chats between events
- maybe a Goodreads and Google+ group?
- events announced sooner!
- an email list perhaps
- Facebook! (Done!)
Just a taste for what our Twitter chats are like! If you see something on this list that you would like to help with, please, let us know!