LET’S GET THIS FIESTA STARTED!
Welcome to the starting line for Bloggiesta… the blogging marathon created several years ago by Natasha from Maw Books Blog and led by our most awesome mascot PEDRO (Plan. Edit. Develop. Review. Organize.)
The idea behind Bloggiesta is to spend these next three days working on perfecting your blog and connecting with other bloggers who are doing the same thing. Spread the word and get all your friends to come and fiesta with us!
HOW TO PARTY
- Bloggiesta begins now and runs through Sunday night… wherever you are. We don’t have specific starting and ending times…. just Friday September 20 through Sunday September 22… wherever and whenever you are in the world!
- Plan to spend as much time as you can working on your to do list and completing mini challenges. Don’t worry about having the entire three days to devote to this, but do challenge yourself to put in some good hours to the project.
- To let us know you are here and officially participating please sign the linky below with a link to your BLOGGIESTA TO DO LIST which you should post on your blog. If you have already done this post… just link to it now. If you have yet to write up your list… do it today and link to it. Please, do not use a link to your blog in general… but to your specific TO DO LIST post! We want people to be able to easily find your Bloggiesta plans. We would also like it if you would add your Twitter handle to your link so we can all easily find you there!
- Feel free to update your progress any way you see fit. You can just cross things off your list, or write a couple of update posts. We will have a Finish Line Post link up here on Sunday for anyone wishing to link up their summary posts (or crossed off lists.)
HOW TO CONNECT
- Much of our connection with each other will be happening on Twitter. Be sure to follow @Bloggiesta and the hashtag #bloggiesta. Also, plan to do lots of blog hopping by clicking on participants links found below on the linky. Send lots of encouragement everyone’s way and help out with your expertise on all bloggish things!
- Be sure to join us for our scheduled Twitter parties! Use TweetChat.com or Twubs.com (where we actually have a registered page/hashtag now!) to follow the conversation and see what everyone is up to. Those times are:
Friday night at 9:00 p.m. to 10.00 p.m. Eastern time (EDT)
Saturday morning 10: a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Eastern time (EDT)
Sunday evening at 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern time (EDT)
- Plan to participate in as many mini challenges as you can! Give our awesome challenge hosts lots of link love and ask them lots of questions!
I think that’s it! It’s time to go ahead and link up your starting Bloggiesta posts below like this:
“Your Name” from “Your Blog Name” (your Twitter name)
For example, mine would look like: Suey from It’s All About Books (@SueySays). And remember, plug in the URL that links up to your to do list, whether you’ve already posted it, or are just posting it today.