Some stuff we talked about:
How important are interactions?
- they are the best… the “heart” of blogging
- it’s my main form of human contact
- depends on your goals
- it’s good to not have just one sided conversations
- keeps me going during the slumps
- it’s why I blog
What problems do you face when it comes to interacting?
- Time! TIME TIME TIME!
- being too shy
- between writing, reading and commenting, something has to give… usually it’s commenting
What are some solutions?
- use small chunks of time
- force yourself to come out of your box
- respond to comments immediately if you can
- use Comment Reply Notification from WP
Feelings on comments?
- some people worry about them, some not so much
- some want more, some don’t care
- comments give you a boost of confidence
- they let you know if something you wrote got a reaction
- shares and likes let you know that people are reading your posts
- more bloggers are engaging on Twitter than in their comments
- being blamed for adding to others TBR piles is better than comments
- find hashtags and follow them, stalk them, respond sometimes even!
- come to chats like this one!
- tweet back even if you don’t know that person
- make twitter lists, it makes things easier to manage
- keep your messages short
How about events?
- join the ones that interest you
- can always lurk! It’s okay!
- choose ones that will enhance the audience you want