We had our final chat on Sunday afternoon. Everyone took a moment to say what they’d accomplished this bloggiesta which ranged from scheduling reviews to switching to MailChimp. Lots of participants took advantage of the mini challenges and seemed to really enjoy them. Thanks again to those who hosted!
Much of the time was spent soliciting ideas for future mini challenges. We came up with this list:
- FTP for backing up your blog
- making a calendar/spreadsheet of book releases and ARCs
- MailChimp tutorial
- what does your host do? (Help for self hosted bloggers.)
- Tumblr: do we want one? Do we need one? Please, someone explain!
- all about giveaways and Rafflecopter
- How to make your blog Pinterest friendly
- social media strategies
Some suggestions for future Bloggiestas:
- more week long ones
- a month long one with themed weeks
- setting up blogging buddies during Bloggiesta
- having a blog critique or peer review session
- release challenges slowly over the course of the week/month instead of all at once
- brainstorm to do lists with other participants pre-event
- have achievement badges
- keep up the recaps!
Dates for next year (subject to change) were announced:
- Winter Mini Bloggiesta: January 16 and 17
- Spring Week Long Bloggiesta: March 21 to 27
- Summer Mini Bloggiesta: June 18 to 19
- Fall Bloggiesta: September 15 to 18
Maybe we’ll make the fall one a week long too. I’m not sure about a month long event at this point. Will ponder!
If you have any other suggestions or ideas, please comment here. Also, we’ll post a simple feedback survey form very soon. Thank you to everyone for participating!