Some stuff we talked about at Thursday’s chat:
What does this theme “words” make you think of?
- being creative
- it’s the “meat” of the blog
- expressing yourself
What sort of content should we have or being aiming for?
- honest, stuff that reflects our true selves
- content that shows off your personality
- natural, conversational
- content that reflects emotion and entertains
- not too long and to the point
- there’s room for all styles! It’s good we all don’t write or post the same thing!
What is your inspiration for your blog content?
- the books I’m reading!
- Indie authors I want to promote
- thoughts I have in the car/shower/bed/while walking!
- the passion of fellow bloggers
- questions I see on social media
- bouncing ideas off of those with different tastes
- notes that I keep
- BookTube videos
What are some struggles you face regarding blog content and writing?
- reading a boring book and there’s nothing too say (much conversation followed about not having to review every book you read!)
- starting but not finishing posts
- trying to force something
- Blogger’s block
- being too repetitive
- figuring out word choice
- changing things up visually
What do you do if feel your blog is getting too boring?
- do something different!
- review something other than books
- talk about something you love
- do a recipe post
- see what others are doing and twist it up
- come at something from a different angle
- just be yourself
If you want to change up the way you write a review, what are some ideas?
- make a bullet point list
- live blog a book
- use a fun voice or tone
- make connections with other books
- use a lot of pictures/gifs
- vlog it!
- do mini reviews
- take notes while reading
- use quotes
- make an “enjoyment” graph
- do a Q and A post