You heard it here!
2017’s Fall Mini Bloggiesta will be September 21-24 2017
Are you following Bloggiesta on Facebook? We currently have a Facebook Page and a Facebook Group that are pretty active. We actually announced this year’s fall mini on Facebook last week, so that’s the place to go if you want to hear the earliest. We are also pretty active on Twitter @Bloggiesta, if that’s your preferred social media site.
We need help!
We need people to host Mini-challenges and help with the twitter chat recap. You don’t have to have participated before or even know what you are doing. We will help you help us! Don’t be afraid to join in, everyone is welcome and everyone has something to offer.
Use the form below to sign up. We hope you will join in to make this Mini event a success.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Bloggiesta begins Friday, January 13th and runs through the night of Sunday January 15th
- Plan to spend as much time as you can working on your to do list . This is a CHALLENGE. Challenge yourself!
- You are welcome to join in the fun anytime during the event! Let us know you are here by adding your To Do List link on our sign up page.
- Feel free to update your progress any way you see fit. You can simply cross things off your list, or write a couple of update posts. We will have a Finish Line Post link up here on Sunday for anyone wishing to link them up. Twitter is a great place to shout your progress too.
HOW TO CONNECT
- Much of our connection with each other will be happening on Twitter. Be sure to follow @Bloggiesta, the coordinators, @emren and @blamethebooks and the hashtag #bloggiesta.
- Be sure to join us for the Twitter chat. It is a great way to meet new people and learn some awesome tips and tricks! Here’s the schedule:
- Saturday, January 14th at noon Eastern
- Also, plan to do lots of blog hopping by clicking on participants links (See the sign up links below) Send lots of encouragement everyone’s way and help out with your expertise on all bloggish things! This is a big part of the whole idea of Bloggiesta!
Start the New Year right with your blog and Get Sh*t done with Bloggiesta!
It’s that time again!
If you’d like to participate with us this coming weeked (January 13-15) for the Winter 2017 Mini Bloggiesta, it’s time to write up a To Do List, post it on your blog , then come back here and link it up!
According to tradition, the mini Bloggiesta is very basic. Take the weekend to do some every day blog maintenance and catch up. Ideas for a basic to do list can be found at this link. You are welcome to copy it and use it however you see fit.
We won’t have any new mini challenges this time around, but be sure to use the time to work on some past Mini Challenges that you missed during previous events.
Sign up below
YOU DID IT!
You completed Bloggiesta! Your blog is now sparking and shiny. You finished your To Do List. You are a huge success and you should be proud!
If you’d like to write a wrap up post or simply link up to your crossed off To Do Lists, you can share here in this linky.
Thanks for participating! Thanks to all the mini challenge hosts! And to our Twitters hosts! This event would not have happened without you. Thanks for making the first Bloggiesta we hosted a huge success.
Let us know in the comments if you have suggestions for mini challenges or future events. We’d love to get your feedback.
Tonight’s chat was on Technical details! Coding, templates, apps, graphics, plugins… everything was covered! For me it was the most reassuring to find out that I’m not the only one who struggles. Behind the scenes, a lot of people are redesigning their blog daily… just like I am.
Q1: Are you self hosted? Why or why not? What are the benefits & drawbacks of each in your opinion? #bloggiesta
Q2: Do you find coding useful for your blog? How much code do you know? Are you self taught? If so, where do you go to learn?
Q3: Photo editing! Do you make your own graphics? What programs do you use? Are there any free apps you recommend?
Q4: How do you connect your blog to social networks? Do you have any posting or publicity automated?
Q5: What technical details do you find most challenging about running a blog? How do you handle it? Where do you go for support? #bloggiesta
Q1) Let’s start simple – Name, Blog, #1 Goal to accomplish? #bloggiesta
Q2) What’s your plan of attack? How will you approach this round? #bloggiesta
Q3) Everyone has a unicorn wishlist for their blog (stellar design, awesome new meme) – how do you think Bloggiesta can help? #Bloggiesta
Q4) What’s some advice you think others – veteran and newcomer alike – might benefit from during this round? #bloggiesta
Q5) Last but not least let’s talk comfort – how will you be participating? Comfort snacks? Laying in bed? Upside down in a tree? #bloggiesta
Thank you so much to @prationality for hosting such an awesome chat!
If you’d like to participate with us this coming week (September 15-18.) for the Fall 2016 Bloggiesta, it’s time to write up a To Do List, post it on your blog , then come back here and link it up!
Your To do list can contain as much or as little as you want to do. Ideas for a basic to do list can be found at this link. You are welcome to copy it and use it however you see fit.
Our mini challenges will be announced on Wednesday, September 14, so you can start planning!
There will be Twitter chats on:
Thursday September 15 @ 5pm EST: Starting Line Chat! Discussing what we hope to accomplish!
Friday Spetember 16 @ 9pm EST: Topic TBD
Saturday September 17 @ 9pm EST: Editorial Calendars and Getting Organized!
Sunday September 18 @ 8pm EST: Finish Line Chat! What we learned and crossed off our to-do lists!
And now, here’s the linky. Be sure to link up using the direct URL to your To Do List post.
Thanks and have fun!