Hey everyone! It’s time to plan the next Bloggiesta! We have a few willing souls scheduled to host some mini challenges, but we need several more. Instead of having a long detailed sign up sheet, we were hoping those interested could email us and we’ll talk about what you’d like to do.
We welcome your own ideas of course. But if you need some suggestions, here’s a list of topics that we noted from past feedback forms and Twitter chats… things that people are asking for!
* Facebook for your blog? Yes or no.
* Business card tutorial
* Feedly vs. Bloglovin’
* Header tutorial
* WordPress vs. Blogger
* Are About Me pages necessary?
* Twitter platforms
* FTC rules and disclaimers on review posts
* how to use social media
* ideas for great blogiversary celebrations
* a list of blogging conferences
* challenge bloggers to share their top five tips and tricks
* task management apps
* Pinterest for bloggers
* Instagram for bloggers
* how to do author interviews
* Photo formatting tips for Blogger blogs
If any of these look like something you can teach to other bloggers, comment here with your email, or simply send us an email at bloggiesta AT gmail DOT com.
We hope to hear from all you awesome bloggers!
How did everyone do this weekend!? Hopefully you all feel so accomplished and satisfied with your blogs. Maybe a little tired. Tired, but happy, right?
Let us know how it went in a wrap up post or link to your To Do Lists with updated comments added, whatever you like.
And thanks again for participating. The next Bloggiesta is March 27 through 30. I’ve just now this very moment decided to make it be Thursday through Sunday. Feebdack indicates that many of you wanted another day and especially not a weekend day. Thursday is better for me, so Thursday it is! We’ll see how it goes!
You asked for it. You got it! We are now doing sign ups for Bloggiesta a week ahead. The point here, of course, is to help us spread the word that the event is coming up. So sign up and spread the word!
Click our About Page to find out more about what Bloggiesta is and how we got started. But basically, it’s a blogging marathon where we get together with other bloggers and fix all those blogging tasks that we seem to put off and off and off.
One of the best things about Bloggiesta is to learn from other bloggers, many of whom are experts in some blogging thing or another. That’s where the mini challenges come in. For our main events (held March and September) we have quite the huge list. For our mini ones (January and July) we keep things simple with just a few. Stay tuned for that list coming up when Bloggiesta begins this Saturday, the 25th. Meanwhile, you can look over the past mini challenge list to get inspiration for what tasks you’d like to work on. Also, this challenge has a master to do list if you’d like to start there!
But now, it’s time to sign up for our current Mini Bloggiesta which happens next Saturday and Sunday, the 25th and 26th. To sign up, write a post listing the things you’d like to accomplish during Bloggiesta, also known as your To Do List, and link up to that specific post here. Use one of our buttons and link back to us so others can easily find out all about the event and hopefully join in the fun. Also, include your Twitter name in the link below, if you have one, so we can easily find you there.
Oh, and mark your calendars for Saturday night, the 25th at 9 pm Eastern. That’s when we’ll be chatting on Twitter!
Thanks and have fun!
Coming up the end of this month we’ll be hosting a mini Bloggiesta event. It will be January 25 and 26, a Saturday and Sunday. It’ll be very low key with just a few mini challenges and one twitter chat on Saturday, the 25th at 9 p.m. Eastern.
Basically, this mini event is just an organized time where we can all fix up our blogs together and talk about it as we go.
Sign ups for those participating will go up about a week before. This is new and much requested. Hopefully this will also help us spread the word. So be thinking about your to do lists and link up then if you would like to join us.
Hope to see you there!
Just a quick post to remind you all that we’ll be chatting tonight on Twitter at 9 pm Eastern! I have questions about some things we learned from your feedback. Join us!
Please help us to make Bloggiesta even better by filling out the following feedback survey.
We hope you’ve all had a most awesome Bloggiesta experience this weekend and were able to get lots done! Spread the word to your friends about the event so we can have even more bloggers participating next time!
There’ll be a feedback survey going up soon, so please let us know what you thought about it all and suggestions you have for next time. Meanwhile, here are the dates for next year! (If something comes up, the dates may have to be changed, but for now, this is what we’re going with!)
Dates for Bloggiesta 2014:
Mini Winter Bloggiesta: January 25-26
Spring Bloggiesta: March 28-30
Mini Summer Bloggiesta: July 19-20
Fall Bloggiesta: September 19-21
If you would like to write a wrap up post about what you were able to accomplish and all the things you learned, be sure to link it up here. Thanks to everyone for participating!
LET’S GET THIS FIESTA STARTED!
Welcome to the starting line for Bloggiesta… the blogging marathon created several years ago by Natasha from Maw Books Blog and led by our most awesome mascot PEDRO (Plan. Edit. Develop. Review. Organize.)
The idea behind Bloggiesta is to spend these next three days working on perfecting your blog and connecting with other bloggers who are doing the same thing. Spread the word and get all your friends to come and fiesta with us!
HOW TO PARTY
- Bloggiesta begins now and runs through Sunday night… wherever you are. We don’t have specific starting and ending times…. just Friday September 20 through Sunday September 22… wherever and whenever you are in the world!
- Plan to spend as much time as you can working on your to do list and completing mini challenges. Don’t worry about having the entire three days to devote to this, but do challenge yourself to put in some good hours to the project.
- To let us know you are here and officially participating please sign the linky below with a link to your BLOGGIESTA TO DO LIST which you should post on your blog. If you have already done this post… just link to it now. If you have yet to write up your list… do it today and link to it. Please, do not use a link to your blog in general… but to your specific TO DO LIST post! We want people to be able to easily find your Bloggiesta plans. We would also like it if you would add your Twitter handle to your link so we can all easily find you there!
- Feel free to update your progress any way you see fit. You can just cross things off your list, or write a couple of update posts. We will have a Finish Line Post link up here on Sunday for anyone wishing to link up their summary posts (or crossed off lists.)
HOW TO CONNECT
- Much of our connection with each other will be happening on Twitter. Be sure to follow @Bloggiesta and the hashtag #bloggiesta. Also, plan to do lots of blog hopping by clicking on participants links found below on the linky. Send lots of encouragement everyone’s way and help out with your expertise on all bloggish things!
Friday night at 9:00 p.m. to 10.00 p.m. Eastern time (EDT)
Saturday morning 10: a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Eastern time (EDT)
Sunday evening at 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern time (EDT)
I think that’s it! It’s time to go ahead and link up your starting Bloggiesta posts below like this:
“Your Name” from “Your Blog Name” (your Twitter name)
For example, mine would look like: Suey from It’s All About Books (@SueySays). And remember, plug in the URL that links up to your to do list, whether you’ve already posted it, or are just posting it today.