If you’ve always wanted to host a mini challenge for Bloggiesta, now is your chance! We’d love to get a fabulous line up of awesome challenges for our first ever week long Bloggiesta that’s happening soon on March 23 to 29! If you have an idea, please email us at bloggiesta AT gmail DOT com. We’d love to hear from you!
Some ideas from past Bloggiesta chats:
- Goodreads-like sites, the pros and cons
- scheduling software, like Buffer
- how to give and receive better comments
- best time to schedule posts?
- incorporating other media into blog posts
- idea generators
- planning themed events
- hashtags explained
- experts needed to help do the “big switch over”
- what are some BIG GOALS we can work on during a week long event?
Another Bloggiesta bites the dust! Wow, that was a fast weekend. I hope you all managed to get tons done on your blogs! If you’d like to share your progress or your crossed of To Do Lists, link up below.
Also, mark your calendars for the next Bloggiesta event. It’s only two months away! It will be one week long from March 23 to 29. I’d like to start soliciting for mini challenge hosts right now! If you are interested, send me an email at bloggiesta at gmail.
I won’t have an official feedback survey for this past mini Bloggiesta, but I’d love to know if you enjoyed having it on this particular weekend (which included a holiday for many of us.) Let me know in comments what you thought. Or if you have any other suggestions or ideas for Bloggiesta in general.
Thanks! Happy Blogging!
Let’s get this Mini Bloggiesta weekend started!
Here’s a few things to remember about the way Bloggiesta works.
HOW TO PARTY
- Bloggiesta begins now and runs through Monday night… wherever you are. We don’t have specific starting and ending times…. just Saturday January 17 through Monday January 19… wherever and whenever you are in the world! (We are counting Monday in the weekend this time since many US participants have that day off for a holiday!)
- Plan to spend as much time as you can working on your to do list and completing mini challenges. Don’t worry about having the entire weekend to devote to this, but do challenge yourself to put in some good hours to the project.
- Feel free to update your progress any way you see fit. You can just cross things off your list, or write a couple of update posts. We will have a Finish Line Post link up here on Monday for anyone wishing to link up their summary posts (or crossed off lists.)
HOW TO CONNECT
- Much of our connection with each other will be happening on Twitter. Be sure to follow @Bloggiesta and the hashtag #bloggiesta.
- We’ll have just one Twitter chat this weekend on Sunday January 18 at 2 pm Eastern. Join us. Chats are a blast!
- Also, plan to do lots of blog hopping by clicking on participants links (See the sign up links here.) Send lots of encouragement everyone’s way and help out with your expertise on all bloggish things! This is a big part of the whole idea of Bloggiesta!
- Be sure to participate in as many mini challenges as you can! The new ones are listed here, and previous challenges are listed here. Give our awesome challenge hosts lots of link love and ask them lots of questions!
And that’s about all there is to it! Go forth and blog your hearts heart!
Our Winter 2015 Mini Bloggiesta starts tomorrow! We have several awesome new challenges for this Mini Bloggiesta. Click on the links below to check them out and add them to your to do lists. Some of them may even have prizes!
There’s still plenty of time to link up your To Do Lists too. Find the linky at this post.
Be sure to join us for the Twitter chat on Sunday at 2:00 pm Eastern time, #Bloggiesta!
Thanks for participating and don’t forget to have fun!
January 2015 Mini Bloggiesta Mini Challenges
How to Optimize Your Blog for Email Sign Ups from Brittany at Book Bumblings. (@BookBumblings) Learn about email marketing and making an email list.
Making Infographics Using Piktochart from Valeria at A Touch of Book Madness (@ TouchBookMadnes). Another blogging tool to learn about!
How to Write More Creative Book Reviews from Leah at Books Speak Volumes (@Leah_BSV). Ten book review prompts!
Master List of Book Blogging Memes from Tanya Patrice at GirlXOXO (@tanyapatricexo) See which ones you are or want to be participating in!
Five Easy Steps to an Index Page from Jessica at The Bluestocking Society (@thebluestocking) It’s time to make an index page!
Another Pinterest Project from Suey at It’s All About Books (@SueySays) Create a Books Read board and pin your reviews!
Calling all Bloggiesta participants! If you plan to do next week’s Mini Bloggiesta with us, let us know by writing a post listing your To Do items and then link it up here.
Then be sure to spread the word so we can have lots of others join us!
If you are a newbie to Bloggiesta, here’s a link to a sample To Do List that you are welcome to copy/borrow/use etc. Also, be sure to look at the list of our past Mini Challenges for ideas.
We’ll have a handful of new Mini Challenges that will be posted when the event gets closer.
Have fun and link away! (Link with your name, your blog name and your twitter name. Link to your To Do List post, not just to your blog. Thanks!)
Hey everyone! Our Winter Mini Bloggiesta will be happening in just under two weeks! Wow, does time fly or what!?
The dates are January 17, 18 and 19. That’s Saturday, Sunday and here in the U.S. a holiday Monday. This is an experiment to see how we like using a holiday weekend to do some blog business. For those not in the U.S. I guess it’s just a normal Monday which I know some of you like to use, and some do not. So we’ll see how it goes!
Also, mark your calendars for the Twitter chat on Sunday, at noon Mountain (that’s 2 pm Eastern!) We’ll just have the one chat since it’s a mini event and all.
Oh, and if you are interested in hosting a mini challenge for this event, send me an email at email@example.com.
Be thinking about what you’d like to accomplish and get those To Do Lists ready! Then check back here next week for the sign up post.
We have dates for next year’s Bloggiesta events! Please mark your calendars!
Mini Winter Bloggiesta: January 17, 18…and 19th? (this one will be on the MLK weekend holiday… thinking about carrying Bloggiesta through the Monday holiday.)
Main Spring Bloggiesta: March 23 through 29 (We’ll give a week long event a shot here! Spring cleaning Bloggiesta!)
Mini Summer Bloggiesta: June 20-21 (Bumping this a little earlier from our usual July dates)
Main Fall Bloggiesta: September 24-27
See you there!
Also, we’ve created a Facebook Group for Bloggiesta.
If you’d like to join come and request membership. We’ll also ask you to fill out a form to let us know who you are. You’ll see that over on the page. Thanks!
If you can, please take a moment to fill out this short survey about your experience with this past Bloggiesta and suggestions for future events. Thanks!
Sunday we had our final Bloggiesta chat for this event. We got a bunch of feedback and ideas for future events. Here’s some of the things we talked about:
Some of the things participants accomplished this go around:
- wrote and scheduled reviews
- set up google calendar
- emailed authors for author spotlights
- cleaned up Goodreads account
- visited lots of blogs
- set up anchor links
- updated review archive
- cleaned up labels
- scheduled posts
Future Mini Challenge Suggestions:
- a challenge on past challenges
- pros and cons on Goodreads-like sites
- tutorial on scheduling software…like Buffer
- ideas on making and receiving better comments
- when is the best time to schedule posts
- simplifying blogging
- incorporating other media/posts into blogs
- idea generators
- how to plan themed events and engage authors for said themes
- creating a blog planner
- “to hash or not to hash”
- themed chats are nice, but also have a free for all chat
- have a Facebook group (not just a page like we have now)
- have an event that’s a week long, perhaps in the spring
Any other suggestions or thoughts? Let us know in the comments! There’ll also be a short feedback survey up soon. Thanks for participating!
Another Bloggiesta bites the dust! Here’s hoping you’ve all had a wonderful time working on your blogs these past four days and managed to get lots done.
We’d love to know how it went for you! If you’d like to share a wrap up post, please do so by linking up below.
Also, stay tuned for Sunday’s Twitter chat wrap up post… and a short feedback survey. Those’ll be coming soon!