It’s that time again!
If you’d like to participate with us this coming weeked (January 13-15) for the Winter 2017 Mini Bloggiesta, it’s time to write up a To Do List, post it on your blog , then come back here and link it up!
According to tradition, the mini Bloggiesta is very basic. Take the weekend to do some every day blog maintenance and catch up. Ideas for a basic to do list can be found at this link. You are welcome to copy it and use it however you see fit.
We won’t have any new mini challenges this time around, but be sure to use the time to work on some past Mini Challenges that you missed during previous events.
Sign up below
Happy 2017 everyone! Do you have any blog related New Year’s resolutions? Well, get ready, because the Winter Mini Bloggiesta is coming your way!
The Mini Bloggiesta is a low-key, weekend long Bloggiesta that allows you to start off the new year on the right foot. This is a great time to start making progress on your blogging goals for 2017.
If you don’t have your own personal goals, or want to try something new, check out our list of past mini-challenges from previous Bloggiestas.
We will only be having one Twitter chat during this Bloggiesta…
Saturday January 14 at Noon EST
Make sure you are following us @Bloggiesta on Twitter so you don’t miss the sign up post! And mark your calendars for our first Bloggiesta of 2017!
YOU DID IT!
You completed Bloggiesta! Your blog is now sparking and shiny. You finished your To Do List. You are a huge success and you should be proud!
If you’d like to write a wrap up post or simply link up to your crossed off To Do Lists, you can share here in this linky.
Thanks for participating! Thanks to all the mini challenge hosts! And to our Twitters hosts! This event would not have happened without you. Thanks for making the first Bloggiesta we hosted a huge success.
Let us know in the comments if you have suggestions for mini challenges or future events. We’d love to get your feedback.
Tonight’s chat was a wrap of of this past Bloggiesta! We chatted about what we accomplished, what we were motivated to accomplish in the future, and what we learned from this Bloggiesta. You can check out #bloggiesta on Twitter to see the whole chat, but here are a few highlights:
Let’s talk about our progress! What did you accomplish this past weekend? What did you cross off your to do list??
Everyone made so much progress! Is there anything you DIDN’T get done? Anything we can still help with?
Did you complete any mini challenges?? Which ones? Any you want to try in the future? (I think almost everyone in the chat answered this question by talking about bullet journals!)
Do you have any ideas for future Bloggiestas?
We love hosting this event and we can’t wait until next time! Bloggiesta went by so fast! Thank you all for joining us!
Tonight’s chat was on Technical details! Coding, templates, apps, graphics, plugins… everything was covered! For me it was the most reassuring to find out that I’m not the only one who struggles. Behind the scenes, a lot of people are redesigning their blog daily… just like I am.
Q1: Are you self hosted? Why or why not? What are the benefits & drawbacks of each in your opinion? #bloggiesta
Q2: Do you find coding useful for your blog? How much code do you know? Are you self taught? If so, where do you go to learn?
Q3: Photo editing! Do you make your own graphics? What programs do you use? Are there any free apps you recommend?
Q4: How do you connect your blog to social networks? Do you have any posting or publicity automated?
Q5: What technical details do you find most challenging about running a blog? How do you handle it? Where do you go for support? #bloggiesta
Q1) Let’s start simple – Name, Blog, #1 Goal to accomplish? #bloggiesta
Q2) What’s your plan of attack? How will you approach this round? #bloggiesta
Q3) Everyone has a unicorn wishlist for their blog (stellar design, awesome new meme) – how do you think Bloggiesta can help? #Bloggiesta
Q4) What’s some advice you think others – veteran and newcomer alike – might benefit from during this round? #bloggiesta
Q5) Last but not least let’s talk comfort – how will you be participating? Comfort snacks? Laying in bed? Upside down in a tree? #bloggiesta
Thank you so much to @prationality for hosting such an awesome chat!
Ole Ole! It’s time to blog and fiesta… BLOGGIESTA! Welcome everyone to the very first Bloggiesta run by Emily and MC! We are so excited to have you join us! If this is your first Bloggiesta, this post should help you figure things out. If you haven’t done so already, make sure you link up you To-Do Lists here. That is how you can let us all know you are participating!
HOW TO PARTY
- Bloggiesta begins now (Thursday) and runs through Sunday night… wherever you are. We don’t have specific starting and ending times…. just Thursday September 15 through Sunday September 18… wherever and whenever you are in the world!
- Plan to spend as much time as you can working on your to do list and completing mini challenges. Don’t worry about having the entire week to devote to this, but do challenge yourself to put in some good hours to the project.
- You are welcome to join in the fun anytime during the event! Let us know you are here by adding your To Do List link on our sign up page.
- Feel free to update your progress any way you see fit. You can simply cross things off your list, or write a couple of update posts. We will have a Finish Line Post link up here on Sunday for anyone wishing to link them up. Twitter is a great place to shout your progress too.
HOW TO CONNECT
- Much of our connection with each other will be happening on Twitter. Be sure to follow @Bloggiesta and the hashtag #bloggiesta.
- Be sure to join us for the Twitter chats. They are a great way to meet new people and learn some awesome tips and tricks! Here’s the schedule:
- Thursday September 15 @ 5pm EST: Starting Line Chat! Discussing what we hope to accomplish!
- Friday Spetember 16 @ 9pm EST: Topic TBD
- Saturday September 17 @ 9pm EST: Editorial Calendars and Getting Organized!
- Sunday September 18 @ 8pm EST: Finish Line Chat! What we learned and crossed off our to-do lists!
- Also, plan to do lots of blog hopping by clicking on participants links (See the sign up links here.) Send lots of encouragement everyone’s way and help out with your expertise on all bloggish things! This is a big part of the whole idea of Bloggiesta!
- Be sure to participate in as many mini challenges as you can! The new ones are listed here, and previous challenges are listed here. Give our awesome challenge hosts lots of link love and ask them lots of questions!
Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions! Have a great week getting all your bloggish business done! Good luck! Adios!
It’s finally here! The big reveal! Bloggiesta starts TOMORROW (oh my gosh, can you believe it??) and it’s time to announce our mini challenges!
We are so grateful to all of the wonderful hosts who are helping us with the mini challenges this time around. Many of these challenges have giveaways as well, so make sure you check them all out!
Blogging Tips and Website Tricks:
You can also check out any of our past Mini Challenges if you want to try something that is not on this list!
Don’t hesitate to contact the hosts if you have any questions! What challenges will you choose???
Bloggiesta is just around the corner! And you know what that means….daily Twitter chats!!! One of the best ways to connect with your fellow bloggers and learn all kinds of new tips and tricks is by joining one (or all) of our Twitter chats.
All of the chats will be hosted from the @Bloggiesta account and will be using the #Bloggiesta hashtag. Make sure you follow our account and use the hashtag so we can all see you!
These times are shown in Eastern time. If you need to convert to your own zone, please click here.
Thursday September 15 @ 5pm EST: Starting Line Chat! Discussing what we hope to accomplish! Led by Lexie at For the Sake of Reading
Friday Spetember 16 @ 9pm EST: The Technical side of blogging! Web hosting, coding and design Led by Emily at Emily Reads Everything
Saturday September 17 @ 9pm EST: Editorial Calendars and Getting Organized! Led by Crystal at Sharing Life’s Moments
Sunday September 18 @ 8pm EST: Finish Line Chat! What we learned and crossed off our to-do lists! Led by MC at Blame It On The Books
Thanks to all of our chat hosts for the help! Can’t wait to chat with you all during Bloggiesta! See you there!
If you’d like to participate with us this coming week (September 15-18.) for the Fall 2016 Bloggiesta, it’s time to write up a To Do List, post it on your blog , then come back here and link it up!
Your To do list can contain as much or as little as you want to do. Ideas for a basic to do list can be found at this link. You are welcome to copy it and use it however you see fit.
Our mini challenges will be announced on Wednesday, September 14, so you can start planning!
There will be Twitter chats on:
Thursday September 15 @ 5pm EST: Starting Line Chat! Discussing what we hope to accomplish!
Friday Spetember 16 @ 9pm EST: Topic TBD
Saturday September 17 @ 9pm EST: Editorial Calendars and Getting Organized!
Sunday September 18 @ 8pm EST: Finish Line Chat! What we learned and crossed off our to-do lists!
And now, here’s the linky. Be sure to link up using the direct URL to your To Do List post.
Thanks and have fun!